Storing Food With Your Vacuum Sealer
When it comes to storing your leftovers and keeping things as fresh as possible, vacuum seal bags can be one of the best ways that you can stretch your food budget further. With the right vacuum seal bags you can store nearly anything and in a way that will keep it as fresh as possible, as long as possible.
There is a reason why so many retailers trust vacuum sealing, and it is partially because there aren’t many other storage methods that can actually offer the same great results for both taste and preservation. Here are some top tips and ideas that you can use for vacuum seal bags and how you can use them in your own home.
- Vacuum seal for the freezer: While vacuum sealing meat and perishables will not keep them from spoiling if you store them improperly, you can vacuum seal your meat and other items for easy freezing. Putting vacuum sealed meat into your freezer will prevent freezer burn.
- Saving space: Vacuum sealing is perfect for organizing your home because you can seal up loose crumbs or liquids that would normally need to be placed in Tupperware or sealed containers. Rather than using containers that will take up a lot of storage space you can store the food in its smallest possible package leaving room for more food in your cabinets, fridge or freezer.
- Stocks from scratch: Vacuum sealing is amazing for soups. one of the easiest ways that you can store stock for easy soups later on is with a vacuum seal. Simply make up a bulk stock and then separate small cubes for easy stews and soups.
- Premade dinners: Vacuum sealed leftovers can be saved and eaten for a much longer time than leftovers in tinfoil or non sealed baggies. This means that you could make a huge meal at the start of the week, seal it, and eat it whole week after, secure in knowing that it will be delicious.
- Grains in a flash: Beans and grains can be precooked and stored over months in vacuum seal format. Imagine the convenience of being able to heat up rice or beans with a dinner meal in just a few minutes.